Saturday, December 15, 2012

Easy Skirt Tutorial Share from Pinterest!

Check out this Blog: Cotton and Curls
(such a cute name)

This was a fun skirt to make! I cut two tee shirts up in 4 inch sections, then sewed them together in alternating colors matching the seams together. Sew with zig zag stitch-make sure your fabric doesn't stretch while you sew or it will looked rippled or serge with it set to sew knits. I made sure the bottom, hemmed 4 inch section of one shirt was the top and the bottom, hemmed 4 inch section of the other shirt was the bottom so there wasn't any hemming necessary. Woot woot! Then to make everything smooth and fitted I sewed down the matched seams on the right and left sides to create a perfect seam and have it fit my body. Make sure it is nice and tight! I LOVE how it turned out! I love these stretchy long skirts, sexy....yet modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment